By Smashing eBook Series
In the event you intend to layout for cellular, you've got to be aware of the democratic state of affairs that offers form to this area of interest. Many builders are conscious of this: by utilizing the Android working method to create apps, they gather a big marketplace percentage. This publication will advisor you thru the Android universe and assist you to create interface designs for Android cellular gadgets.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- discovering The Android Platform: development, checking out And allotting Apps
- Designing For Android
- Designing For Android: suggestions And Techniques
- Designing For Android Tablets
- Getting the easiest Out Of Eclipse For Android Development
- start constructing For Android With Eclipse
- start constructing For Android With Eclipse, Reloaded
Read or Download Smashing eBook #29 Designing for Android PDF
Best web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a publication in regards to the basics of potent photo verbal exchange set within the context of website design. in contrast to different books that target the intersection of layout and expertise, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an online project-- the dressmaker, the person and the customer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the choices made via profitable net designers.
Author: Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
English | liberate date: December 26, 2013 | 316 pages | ISBN-10: 1849698821 | ISBN-13: 978-1849698825 | writer: Packt Publishing
- upload for your website’s performance through the use of Google Maps’ power
- packed with code examples and screenshots for sensible and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your individual mapping program from the floor up
This publication starts through overlaying the necessities of together with basic maps for net and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your personal base maps, developing your personal controls and responding to occasions, and together with your personal events.
What you are going to research from this book
- Create easy maps and reveal them on cellular devices
- sort your personal base maps
- upload your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- express vector layers on base maps in a number of forms corresponding to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a variety of vector codecs equivalent to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your individual how one can regulate it
- reply to quite a few occasions together with cellular gestures
- upload extra libraries to increase the services of the API
- paintings with Google providers for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- combine open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast moving, high-level, established cookbook method, with minimum thought and an abundance of useful, real-world examples defined in a radical but concise demeanour that will help you examine fast and efficiently.
Who this booklet is written for
All Flex functions glance the same—a blue-gray historical past and silver-skinned components—right? That doesn't need to be the case, notwithstanding. This e-book exhibits you the way to make sure that your Flex 2 and three tasks stick out from the group and supply your clients with an program that's either visually attractive and wonderfully useful.
Extra resources for Smashing eBook #29 Designing for Android
Thus, well structured navigation and content organization goes hand in hand with having a good conversation. 1 Understanding Theme Files It is time for us to start taking a close look at how themes are built and how they work. If you have ever themed any kind of application before, you will appreciate how straightforward and intuitive WordPress theming actually is (with plenty of power when you need it). If you have never themed any application before, never fear, it’s easy. 2 Every Theme is Different Of course, the look of all themes is different.
Htaccess file in the root directory of your WordPress install, and then insert the HTAccess code that WordPress provides. 4 Pick One and Stick With It Once you have decided on an optimal permalink structure, do your site a favor and stick with it for the life of your site. People use these links to link directly to your site, and up and changing them down the line isn’t a good idea. While modern versions of WordPress are typically smart enough to get modified URLs redirected to the right place, it doesn’t look nice in people’s browsers and isn’t doing any favors for your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts.
Worse, if the service were to close, there would be a ton of non-resolving URLs out in the wild. As such, rolling your own short URLs is getting more and more popular. htaccess files are only applicable to Apache web servers. If you are running shared hosting that you purchased yourself, there is a good chance it’s Apache. If you aren’t using Apache, you can still get somewhat decent permalinks. p=212 You can get this link by just clicking the Get Shortlink button from the post editor. This book uses the Short URL plugin.