By Janice Redish
Web website layout and improvement maintains to turn into extra subtle. an immense a part of this adulthood originates with well-laid-out and well-written content material. Ginny Redish is a world-renowned specialist on details layout and the way to provide transparent writing in simple language for the net. the entire precious details that she shared within the first variation is incorporated with quite a few new examples. New info on content material method for websites, search engine marketing (SEO), and social media make this once more the one publication you must personal to optimize your writing for the web.
* New fabric on content material approach, web optimization, and social media
* plenty of new and up to date examples
* extra emphasis on new like drugs, iPads, and iPhones
Read Online or Download Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works (2nd Edition) PDF
Best web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a booklet in regards to the basics of potent photo verbal exchange set within the context of website design. in contrast to different books that target the intersection of layout and know-how, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an internet project-- the fashion designer, the consumer and the buyer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the choices made by way of winning internet designers.
Author: Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
English | unlock date: December 26, 2013 | 316 pages | ISBN-10: 1849698821 | ISBN-13: 978-1849698825 | writer: Packt Publishing
- upload in your website’s performance by using Google Maps’ power
- choked with code examples and screenshots for useful and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your personal mapping software from the floor up
This e-book starts off by means of overlaying the necessities of together with basic maps for internet and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your personal base maps, developing your personal controls and responding to occasions, and together with your individual events.
What you'll examine from this book
- Create easy maps and show them on cellular devices
- type your personal base maps
- upload your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- express vector layers on base maps in a number of kinds akin to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a variety of vector codecs similar to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your personal how you can keep an eye on it
- reply to numerous occasions together with cellular gestures
- upload extra libraries to increase the features of the API
- paintings with Google prone for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- combine open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast paced, high-level, dependent cookbook method, with minimum idea and an abundance of sensible, real-world examples defined in an intensive but concise demeanour that will help you study speedy and efficiently.
Who this booklet is written for
All Flex purposes glance the same—a blue-gray historical past and silver-skinned components—right? That doesn't need to be the case, although. This ebook exhibits you ways to make sure that your Flex 2 and three initiatives stick out from the gang and supply your clients with an software that's either visually gorgeous and fantastically useful.
Extra resources for Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works (2nd Edition)
If I navigate to this image, I can find the image location in the address bar of my browser, as shown in Figure 2-2. Figure 2-2: Finding an image’s location The exact address of an image is called the absolute path or absolute URL. , on your computer). We’ll use a relative path instead; we’ll keep it simple and leave the image in the same folder as our HTML document, which makes the path very easy. png, depending on your file format). As with our HTML pages, avoid using spaces and uppercase in the name.
Thanks for your help, Guru! What’s next? ma p. Hmm. Let’s consult the Adding Pictures 33 Before you start to put your pages together, you should use the site map you made in class to guide you. What's this? Oh, right. The site map. Why do I need that now? 34 Chapter 2 The Trouble with HTML I’ll show you. This forest you see ahead of you is the structure you created. Now you must navigate it to properly link your photos and images. I have but one more HTML tag to show you before you enter the forest: the tag.
We’ll use a relative path instead; we’ll keep it simple and leave the image in the same folder as our HTML document, which makes the path very easy. png, depending on your file format). As with our HTML pages, avoid using spaces and uppercase in the name.