By John Pollock
Designed for simple Learning
Key talents & recommendations -- Chapter-opening lists of particular abilities coated within the chapter
Ask the professional -- Q&A sections packed with bonus info and worthy tips
do that -- Hands-on workouts that help you practice your skills
Notes -- additional details relating to the subject being covered
information -- priceless reminders or trade methods of doing things
Cautions -- blunders and pitfalls to avoid
Annotated Syntax -- instance code with observation that describes the programming innovations being illustrated
Self checks -- Chapter-ending quizzes to enhance your talents
Read Online or Download jQuery: A Beginner's Guide PDF
Best web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a booklet concerning the basics of potent photo conversation set within the context of website design. not like different books that target the intersection of layout and expertise, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an internet project-- the fashion designer, the consumer and the customer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the choices made via profitable net designers.
Author: Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
English | unlock date: December 26, 2013 | 316 pages | ISBN-10: 1849698821 | ISBN-13: 978-1849698825 | writer: Packt Publishing
- upload in your website’s performance through the use of Google Maps’ power
- jam-packed with code examples and screenshots for useful and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your individual mapping software from the floor up
This e-book starts off by way of protecting the necessities of together with uncomplicated maps for internet and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your individual base maps, developing your individual controls and responding to occasions, and together with your individual events.
What you'll examine from this book
- Create uncomplicated maps and exhibit them on cellular devices
- kind your individual base maps
- upload your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- express vector layers on base maps in a number of varieties equivalent to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a variety of vector codecs reminiscent of KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your personal how you can regulate it
- reply to numerous occasions together with cellular gestures
- upload extra libraries to increase the services of the API
- paintings with Google companies for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- combine open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast moving, high-level, based cookbook technique, with minimum idea and an abundance of sensible, real-world examples defined in an intensive but concise demeanour that can assist you research fast and efficiently.
Who this booklet is written for
All Flex purposes glance the same—a blue-gray historical past and silver-skinned components—right? That doesn't must be the case, notwithstanding. This booklet indicates you the way to make sure that your Flex 2 and three tasks stand proud of the gang and supply your clients with an program that's either visually attractive and wonderfully practical.
Extra resources for jQuery: A Beginner's Guide
You will notice that most of the page displays with the default style settings of the browser, but the “About Me” section is italicized. The jQuery code added the special class to that particular
AddClass("items"); The nth-child Selector When using nth-child, you will need to supply an index number for the element you are seeking. This is done in parentheses at the end, as in the following code (which selects all
- elements): $("ul li:nth-child(2)") In this case, you would be selecting the “Paper” and “History Book” list items. addClass("items"); }); Figure 2-6 shows the result of reloading the page in your browser. Notice that the second item in each list uses the square list marker.