By Wolfgang Kuhnel, H. M. Beier
This undying pocket atlas is definitely the right visible spouse to histology and cytology textbooks. First released in 1950 and translated into 8 languages, Kuehnel's Pocket Atlas of Cytology, Histology and Microscopic Anatomy is a confirmed classic.
The totally revised and up-to-date fourth variation includes 745 full-color illustrations - nearly two hundred greater than have been incorporated within the 3rd variation. remarkable, top quality microphotographs and pathologic stains are observed via legends, informative texts, and diverse cross-references.
Key beneficial properties of the up-to-date fourth edition:
- More than seven hundred top of the range illustrations utilizing complicated strategies in histology and electron microscopy
- Practical, information
- Concise and centred text
- Key options and ideas illustrated in under 550 pages
Ideal for examination coaching, this world-class e-book is an fundamental visible learn software for scientific, dental and biology scholars. it will possibly additionally function a superb overview and refresher text.
By James D. Fix
Designed essentially for clinical and dental scholars getting ready for the USMLE Step 1 and different examinations, this booklet provides the necessities of human neuroanatomy in a succinct define layout with considerable illustrations. Over six hundred USMLE-style questions with entire solutions and factors are incorporated, a few on the finish of every bankruptcy and a few in an end-of-book finished exam. This version makes use of colour to delineate neuroanatomical pathways and spotlight scientific correlations. New scientific MRI and MRA photos were additional. Questions persist with the medical vignette-based layout of the present USMLE. A spouse site on thePoint bargains fast entry to the total, totally searchable textual content and all questions from the ebook.
By Mieczyslaw Pokorski (eds.)
This e-book offers a number examine and medical contributions, together with observational experiences, sensible remedy examples, diagnostic try out overview, biomarkers, and systematic studies. the target is to hunt to provide an explanation for the methods or mechanisms wherein irregular or undesired stipulations increase and growth. the eye is given to disturbed carbohydrate metabolism in perpetuation of breathing diseases or elevating healing difficulties. The psychosocial context of persistent breathing stipulations is tackled besides. Oxidative pressure is conducive to either actual and cognitive getting older, which increases the threat of utilizing its biochemical markers in destiny antiaging healing ideas. severe info supplied within the contributions will permit readers to make trained judgments. The publication will confidently serve to create wisdom and apprehension concerning the advancements within the box of pneumology and comparable components of clinical research.
By Catherine Garel MD (auth.)
Fetal MR has grown always in significance in recent times, and the mind has turn into the main target of research. despite the fact that, we lack proven criteria and a superb wisdom of the traditional MR visual appeal. To fill this hole is the aim of the 1st a part of this e-book, that is an MR atlas of the cerebral improvement of the fetus.
The moment half is devoted to cerebral pathologies. It contains, for every , a precis of the basic information, the imaging findings (US and MR) in correlation with neurofetopathology and/or postnatal imaging, and a quick standpoint of the prognosis.
By Helmut G. Rennke MD, Bradley M. Denker MD
This textual content deals second-year scientific scholars a case-based method of studying mechanisms of renal disorder. every one bankruptcy covers a sickness and starts off with a sufferer case, by means of dialogue of the pathophysiology of the disorder. problems with differential analysis and treatment are associated with pathophysiologic mechanisms. brief questions interspersed within the textual content require scholars to use their wisdom, and distinct solutions to the questions are given.
The moment version accommodates the most recent findings relating to mechanisms of renal affliction. This variation additionally has a two-color artwork software and a clean new layout that includes instances, questions, and different pedagogical components prominently.
By Dale J. Benos (Eds.)
Sodium reabsorbing epithelia play a tremendous function in whole-body sodium homeostasis. a few examples of sodium regulating tissues contain kidney, colon, lung, and sweat ducts. Sodium shipping throughout those membranes is a two-step procedure: access via an amiloride-sensitive sodium channel and go out through the ouabain-sensitive sodium/potassium ATPase. The sodium access channels are the rate-limiting determinant for delivery and are regulated by means of a number of various hormones. The sodium channels additionally play an important function in a few sickness states, like high blood pressure, edema, drug-induced hyperkalemia, and cystic fibrosis. Amiloride-Sensitive Sodium Channels: body structure and sensible range offers the 1st in-depth alternate of rules touching on those sodium channels, their legislation and involvement in basic and pathophysiological events. Key gains * Summarizes present country of amiloride-sensitive sodium channel box * Analyzes structure-function of epithelial sodium channels * Discusses immunolocalization of epithelial sodium channels * Examines hormonal rules of sodium channels * Discusses sodium channels in lymphocytes, kidney, and lung * Considers mechanosensitivity of sodium channels * presents rules on sodium channels and illness
By Ioannis V. Yannas
Tissue engineering is the 1st self-discipline of bioengineering which explicitly integrates molecular biology with physics and chemistry. It emphasizes study within the synthesis of recent tissues and organs in vivo and in vitro. The therapy is uniform and intentionally directed towards different backgrounds of scholars from the actual and existence sciences. The publication additionally gains an in depth bibliography, and vast our bodies of self reliant information on organ regeneration from the magazine literature. briefly, the popular organ-blind technique defined during this quantity could be necessary to such a lot scholars and practitioners of tissue engineering.
By Sue E. Huether RN PhD, Kathryn L. McCance RN PhD
Get the evaluate and alertness instruments you want to grasp tough pathophysiology recommendations! Designed for use with the Understanding Pathophysiology, sixth Edition textbook, this broadly revised learn advisor makes use of a large choice of enticing bankruptcy actions, together with application-based case eventualities and millions of interactive questions, that can assist you simply combine and observe pathophysiology info to scientific perform. New good points of this research consultant variation comprise approximately 30 new case eventualities, Teach those humans approximately Pathophysiology questions, energetic headings, and extra photographs from the most textual content. As with past variants, solutions to all questions are available at the back of the learn guide.
- Close alignment with layout of the most textual content
- Answer key found at the back of the learn consultant deals one position for clients to examine solutions and evaluation progress.
enables clients to return and forth among the assets with ease.
- NEW! Over 2,650 interactive questions
- A wide array of enticing bankruptcy activities make stronger the applying of pathophysiology recommendations via: matching definitions, opting for right phrases, finishing sentences, categorizing medical examples, explaining photos, describing changes, and instructing others approximately pathology.
- NEW! Teach those humans approximately Pathophysiology questions
- NEW! 30+ case scenarios
- NEW! lively headings carry extra impression in breaking up query forms with language reminiscent of "Match those Definitions" rather than "Matching" or "Respond to those scientific events" rather than "Short Answer".
- NEW! approximately 70 pictures from the most textbook are integrated and utilized in "Explain the photographs" and "Draw Your solutions" inquiries to aid interact clients with visible learning.
in numerous codecs are used in the course of the research consultant to aid clients really grasp and observe high-level pathophysiology content material from the most text.
pose questions at once from the patient’s viewpoint.
function short instances with brief solution sort inquiries to supply real-world examples of ways content material will be utilized in the scientific setting.
By Carol Mattson Porth
The training actions during this research consultant advertise realizing of the advanced options desirous about body structure and pathophysiology. the wide variety of studying and overview instruments comprises short-answer, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and labeling workouts. The booklet is helping scholars evaluation the necessities, make clear advanced recommendations, observe what has been discovered from the textual content, and increase examination functionality. a solution key with rationales is integrated.
By James K. Avery, Daniel J. Chiego
This impressive ebook covers all components of oral histology and embryology pertinent to scientific dental perform. Introductory fabric features a whole dialogue of the constitution and serve as of the body's cells, in addition to the levels of orofacial improvement from perception to delivery. It additionally covers developmental difficulties akin to cleft lip and palate, particular levels of enamel improvement, and biofilm components that shape at the floor of enamel. New scientific reviews containers and think about the sufferer situations aid readers follow key suggestions to real practice.
- Provides a timeline of head and neck structural improvement from belief to delivery and describes attainable abnormalities in improvement, together with cleft lip and palate.
- Describes the definitive phases and normal/abnormal paths of teeth improvement and maturation.
- Discusses particular challenging and tender oral tissues together with periodontal tissues, oral mucosa, TMJ, and elements of enamel (enamel, dentin, dental pulp, cementum) to demonstrate how those buildings increase and are similar.
- Each bankruptcy starts off with a priceless bankruptcy define and a quick evaluation of bankruptcy content material.
- Consider the sufferer bins current a brief case situation after which speak about attainable options on the finish of the bankruptcy to illustrate useful purposes of key techniques.
- Self-evaluation questions on the finish of each bankruptcy aid readers investigate their figuring out of the fabric.
- Tables and containers through the textual content make it effortless to speedy summarize very important information.
- Clinical reviews packing containers in the course of the chapters current information that aid readers practice key content material to daily medical perform.
- Learning pursuits at the start of each bankruptcy record very important themes readers may still recognize after finishing the bankruptcy.
- An alphabetical checklist of keyword phrases first and foremost of every bankruptcy is helping readers discover ways to use those phrases within the right context inside of medical perform.
- Features a wealth of recent full-color illustrations and pictures.
- Evolve site contains a try out financial institution, photograph assortment, weblinks, and interactive scholar exercises.