By Gary D. Hammer
A full-color, case-based evaluate of the necessities of pathophysiology--covering all significant organs and systems
The target of this relied on textual content is to introduce you to scientific drugs by way of reviewing the pathophysiologic foundation of one hundred twenty ailments (and linked symptoms) more often than not encountered in scientific perform. The authors, all specialists of their respective fields, have supplied a concise assessment of correct basic constitution and serve as of every physique procedure, via an outline of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie a number of universal illnesses with regards to that system.
Each bankruptcy of Pathophysiology of Disease concludes with a set of case reports and questions designed to check your knowing of the pathophysiology of every scientific entity mentioned. those case stories let you practice your wisdom to express scientific events. distinctive solutions to every case learn query are supplied on the finish of the publication. This distinct interweaving of physiological and pathological techniques will placed you at the direction towards considering symptoms by way of their pathophysiologic foundation, providing you with an figuring out of the "why" at the back of ailment and treatment.
- 120 case stories (9 new) provide a chance so you might try out your figuring out of the pathophysiology of every medical entity mentioned
- Checkpoint questions offer evaluate and seem in each bankruptcy
- Updates and revisions all through this re-creation replicate the newest examine and advancements
- Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate vital info
- Updated references for every bankruptcy topic
Pathophysiology of Disease is a real must-have source for clinical scholars getting ready for the USMLE Step 1 examination, in addition to scholars engaged of their clerkship stories. apartment officials, nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians’ assistants, and allied health and wellbeing practitioners will locate its concise presentation and extensive scope a good assist in facilitating their knowing of universal sickness entities.
By Stephen J. McPhee, Vishwanath Lingappa, William Ganong
Now in its 5th version, this relied on consultant presents scientific scholars with the hyperlink among uncomplicated technology and medical medication. This concise textual content covers all of the necessities in pathophysiology and 89 case experiences permit scholars to use their wisdom to real scientific events.
- Review questions situated all through each one bankruptcy advertise self-assessment and function an exceptional evaluation for USMLE Step 2
- The two-color layout showcases the considerable use of diagrams and tables
By James D. Fix, Jennifer K. Brueckner
Now in its Fourth version, this best-selling booklet extracts an important details on neuroanatomy and provides it in a concise, uncluttered style to organize scholars for direction tests and the USMLE. Highlights of this version contain a short word list of key neuroanatomical constructions and affliction states; addition of an icon to extra basically establish the scientific Correlations sections; an appendicized desk of universal neurological lesions; extended determine legends that determine clinically suitable anatomical relationships; a far better, improved index; and transformed textual content and determine legends to conform with Terminologia Anatomica. A better half web site will supply bonus USMLE-style questions.
By Valentino Braitenberg
E-book via Braitenberg, Valentino
By Anthony Mescher
The main authoritative histology textual content on hand -- now in full-color For greater than 3 many years, Junqueira's simple Histology has been unrivaled in its skill to give an explanation for the functionality of phone and tissue constitution within the human physique. up-to-date to mirror the most recent study within the box, and more advantageous with greater than 1,000 illustrations, such a lot in full-color, the twelfth variation is the main entire and sleek method of realizing clinical histology to be had anyplace. good points: NEW full-color micrographs that include an entire atlas of tissue sections spotlight the $64000 gains of each tissue and organ within the human physique. New full-color, easy-to-understand drawings supply simply the perfect point of aspect essential to make clear the textual content and make studying more uncomplicated A beneficial introductory bankruptcy on laboratory tools used for the research of tissues, together with crucial sorts of microscopy A logical association that includes chapters targeting the cytoplasmic and nuclear compartment of the mobilephone, the 4 uncomplicated tissues that shape the organs, and every organ procedure accelerated legends that accompany every one determine emphasize small print and get rid of the necessity to leap from photo to textual content scientific purposes clarify the scientific relevance of every subject entire assurance of each tissue of the physique CD-ROM with the entire photos from the textual content stopover at www.LangeTextbooks.com to entry helpful assets and learn aids!
By K. H. Mann and G. A. Kerkut (Auth.)
By David L. Clark, Nash N. Boutros, Mario F. Mendez
Now in its 3rd version, The mind and behaviour keeps on its challenge to provide a simplified and obtainable advent to behavioral neuroanatomy. Human habit is an instantaneous mirrored image of the anatomy of the primary anxious approach, and it's the objective of the behavioral neuroscientist to discover its neuroanatomical foundation. a lot of the hot content material during this variation displays advances in useful magnetic resonance imaging. The textual content is gifted in a hugely based and arranged structure to aid the reader distinguish among problems with anatomical, behavioral and physiological relevance. Simplified and transparent diagrams are supplied through the chapters to demonstrate key issues. Case examples are explored to set the neuroanatomy within the context of medical adventure. it will be crucial interpreting for behavioral clinicians together with psychiatrists, neuropsychiatrists, neurologists, psychologists and medical neuroscientists.
By Dongmei Cui MS, William Daley MD, Jonathan D. Fratkin MD, Duane E. Haines PhD, James C. Lynch PhD, John P. Naftel PhD, Gongchao Yang MD
The specified Atlas of Histology with practical and scientific Correlations covers basic histology subject matters, integrates this crucial info with medical concerns, and offers a number of possibilities for pupil overview. Explanatory textual content in every one bankruptcy combines with extended determine legends to supply an atlas that could really be read.
By W.S. Hoar and D.J. Randall (Eds.)
By Keith L. Moore
The constructing Human: Clinically orientated Embryology, through Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, promises the world’s such a lot entire, visually wealthy, and clinically orientated insurance of this advanced topic. Written through many of the world’s most renowned anatomists, it provides week-by-week and stage-by-stage perspectives of ways fetal organs and structures increase, why and whilst start defects take place, and what roles the placenta and fetal membranes play in improvement. it's also possible to entry the total contents on-line at www.studentconsult.com, besides 17 outstanding animations, downloadable illustrations, extra evaluate questions and solutions, and more.
- Access the total contents of the e-book on-line at www.studentconsult.com - in addition to 17 extraordinary animations that carry basic and irregular embryological improvement to existence, and enormous quantities of extra evaluation questions and solutions to check your mastery of the material.
- Acquire a close grab of human embryology with the world’s so much accomplished, richly illustrated, and clinically orientated insurance from a cadre of prime international authorities.
- Effectively organize for assessments with overview questions and solutions on the finish of every chapter.
- Understand the entire newest advances in embryology, together with general and irregular embryogenesis, motives of start defects, and the position of genes in human improvement.
- See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected scientific perform, together with the improvement of refined new recommendations corresponding to recumbent DNA expertise and stem cellphone manipulation.
- Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with scientific case displays, highlighted in unique packing containers, that reveal how embryology thoughts relate to scientific practice.