By Brian Messenlehner, Jason Coleman
The authors use examples from their lately published SchoolPress app to provide an explanation for recommendations and strategies through the ebook. All code examples can be found on GitHub.
- examine WordPress with conventional app improvement frameworks
- Use issues for perspectives, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get feedback for selecting WordPress plugins—or construct your own
- deal with person money owed and roles, and entry person data
- construct asynchronous behaviors on your app with jQuery
- improve local apps for iOS and Android, utilizing wrappers
- comprise Hypertext Preprocessor libraries, exterior APIs, and internet carrier plugins
- gather funds via ecommerce and club plugins
- Use suggestions to hurry up and scale your WordPress app
Read or Download Building Web Apps with WordPress PDF
Similar web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a ebook concerning the basics of potent image verbal exchange set within the context of website design. not like different books that target the intersection of layout and expertise, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an online project-- the dressmaker, the person and the customer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the selections made via profitable internet designers.
Author: Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
English | free up date: December 26, 2013 | 316 pages | ISBN-10: 1849698821 | ISBN-13: 978-1849698825 | writer: Packt Publishing
- upload on your website’s performance through the use of Google Maps’ power
- jam-packed with code examples and screenshots for functional and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your personal mapping software from the floor up
This e-book starts off through overlaying the necessities of together with basic maps for net and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your individual base maps, growing your personal controls and responding to occasions, and together with your personal events.
What you are going to examine from this book
- Create easy maps and demonstrate them on cellular devices
- variety your individual base maps
- upload your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- exhibit vector layers on base maps in a variety of forms corresponding to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse quite a few vector codecs comparable to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your individual how one can keep an eye on it
- reply to a variety of occasions together with cellular gestures
- upload extra libraries to increase the services of the API
- paintings with Google companies for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- combine open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast paced, high-level, dependent cookbook process, with minimum thought and an abundance of functional, real-world examples defined in a radical but concise demeanour that will help you research speedy and efficiently.
Who this publication is written for
All Flex functions glance the same—a blue-gray historical past and silver-skinned components—right? That doesn't need to be the case, notwithstanding. This e-book exhibits you ways to make sure that your Flex 2 and three tasks stick out from the gang and supply your clients with an program that's either visually attractive and fantastically sensible.
Additional info for Building Web Apps with WordPress
Our Five Steps 1. Discover who the target user is. ” A lot of times it can be hard to answer this question usefully. ” This is a place where your marketing department can help you get started. The marketers have probably done a fair amount of research into the demographics and, hopefully, even the psychographics of the Web site’s users. You should also interview the business owners to ask which users they would like to reach and what user behavior is the most valuable. Set up some hour-long, one-on-one interviews with a couple of people from each department and try to get as much information about the potential user base as possible.
Type of Model Description Users must Marketplace Model Marketplaces bring buyers and sellers together and facilitate transactions. They can play a role in businessto-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), or consumer-to-consumer (C2C) markets. Usually, a marketplace charges a fee or commission for each transaction it enables. Be able to ﬁnd merchandise they are seeing, connect with seller, exchange payment Services Broker—Offers a full range of services covering the transaction process, from market assessment to negotiation and fulﬁllment.
She said. “We’ve already established what you are,” he replied. ” CHAPTER 2 BALANCING ACTS—USERS, TECHNOLOGY, AND BUSINESS haggling. On the Web, it often comes in a similar form, albeit slower, in which the business puts up a price they suspect is too high (ﬁve-page registration form) or too low (advertising is free) and then measures and adjusts as the market reacts. It’s a scary process, because users are answering the opening offer by walking away or by ﬂocking in droves and crashing the servers.