By Nate Cooper
Construct your personal web site is a enjoyable, illustrated advent to the fundamentals of constructing an internet site. subscribe to Kim and her little puppy Tofu as she learns HTML, the language of websites, and CSS, the language used to type web content, from the internet Guru and Glinda, the great Witch of CSS.
Once she figures out the fundamentals, Kim travels to WordPress urban to construct her first web site, with Wendy, the WordPress Maven, at her part. They take keep an eye on of WordPress® subject matters, set up invaluable plugins, and more.
As you stick to alongside, you'll find out how to:
• Use HTML tags
• Make your web site shine with CSS
• customise WordPress to suit your needs
• decide upon a firm to host your website and get recommendation on identifying a great area name
The sufferer, step by step suggestion you'll locate in construct your individual web site might help you get your site up and operating very quickly. cease dreaming of your ideal web site and begin making it!
Read or Download Build Your Own Website: A Comic Guide to HTML, CSS, and WordPress PDF
Similar web development books
<span>Above the Fold is a publication in regards to the basics of powerful image conversation set within the context of website design. in contrast to different books that concentrate on the intersection of layout and expertise, Above the Fold explores the connection among the stakeholders of an internet project-- the fashion designer, the consumer and the buyer -- and the way this non-stop cycle impacts the selections made by means of winning net designers.
Author: Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
English | free up date: December 26, 2013 | 316 pages | ISBN-10: 1849698821 | ISBN-13: 978-1849698825 | writer: Packt Publishing
- upload in your website’s performance by using Google Maps’ power
- jam-packed with code examples and screenshots for sensible and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your individual mapping program from the floor up
This publication starts via overlaying the necessities of together with easy maps for internet and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your individual base maps, developing your individual controls and responding to occasions, and together with your personal events.
What you are going to study from this book
- Create basic maps and exhibit them on cellular devices
- type your personal base maps
- upload your individual tile maps as base maps or overlays
- exhibit vector layers on base maps in a variety of kinds comparable to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a number of vector codecs equivalent to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your individual how you can keep an eye on it
- reply to a variety of occasions together with cellular gestures
- upload extra libraries to increase the features of the API
- paintings with Google prone for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- combine open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast moving, high-level, based cookbook technique, with minimum concept and an abundance of sensible, real-world examples defined in an intensive but concise demeanour that can assist you research speedy and efficiently.
Who this ebook is written for
All Flex purposes glance the same—a blue-gray heritage and silver-skinned components—right? That doesn't need to be the case, although. This ebook exhibits you the way to make sure that your Flex 2 and three initiatives stand proud of the gang and supply your clients with an software that's either visually beautiful and fantastically practical.
Extra resources for Build Your Own Website: A Comic Guide to HTML, CSS, and WordPress
If I navigate to this image, I can find the image location in the address bar of my browser, as shown in Figure 2-2. Figure 2-2: Finding an image’s location The exact address of an image is called the absolute path or absolute URL. , on your computer). We’ll use a relative path instead; we’ll keep it simple and leave the image in the same folder as our HTML document, which makes the path very easy. png, depending on your file format). As with our HTML pages, avoid using spaces and uppercase in the name.
Thanks for your help, Guru! What’s next? ma p. Hmm. Let’s consult the Adding Pictures 33 Before you start to put your pages together, you should use the site map you made in class to guide you. What's this? Oh, right. The site map. Why do I need that now? 34 Chapter 2 The Trouble with HTML I’ll show you. This forest you see ahead of you is the structure you created. Now you must navigate it to properly link your photos and images. I have but one more HTML tag to show you before you enter the forest: the tag.
We’ll use a relative path instead; we’ll keep it simple and leave the image in the same folder as our HTML document, which makes the path very easy. png, depending on your file format). As with our HTML pages, avoid using spaces and uppercase in the name.