Asia Bond Monitor: September 2011 by Charon Birkett

By Charon Birkett

The Asia Bond visual display unit (ABM) experiences fresh advancements in East Asian neighborhood forex bond markets in addition to the outlook, dangers, and coverage techniques. The ABM covers the ten organization of Southeast Asian countries member nations plus the People's Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; and the Republic of Korea.

Show description

Read Online or Download Asia Bond Monitor: September 2011 PDF

Best asia books

The Long Sword and Scabbard Slide in Asia

Bargains with the beginning, improvement and diffusion of the lengthy equestrian sword and its specified suspension gadget.

Citizenship Pedagogies in Asia and the Pacific

How are scholars in Asia and the Pacific taught to be potent voters? Following winning volumes formerly released during this sequence, Citizenship schooling in Asia and the Pacific: suggestions and matters and Citizenship Curriculum in Asia and the Pacific, this quantity makes a speciality of citizenship pedagogies which are promoted by means of governments within the sector, recommended by means of students, and tailored within the colleges and school rooms the place citizenship schooling occurs each day.

Global Warming and Climate Change: Prospects and Policies in Asia and Europe (Energy, Climate and the Environment)

This compendium looks at Asian and ecu rules for facing weather switch, and attainable affects on conflicts and defense. It clarifies the affects of weather change on usual assets, at the frequency and growth of natural disasters and the repercussions for environmentally-induced migration.

Extra resources for Asia Bond Monitor: September 2011

Sample text

Philippines BSP Raises Reserve Requirement Ratio to 10% On 28 July, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) raised the statutory reserve requirement for peso deposit liabilities and deposit substitutes of all banks and non-bank financial institutions with quasi-banking functions. The statutory reserves of universal and commercial banks increased from 9% to 10%. Including a liquidity reserve requirement of 11%, the latest adjustment raised the total level of required reserves to 21% from 20%. The reserve requirement hike was a preemptive move to counter inflationary pressures arising from excess liquidity driven by strong capital inflows due to a favorable outlook for the Philippine economy.

The first issue of Islamic treasury bills carried a maturity of 6 months. Republic of Korea Investment of Foreign Exchange Agencies in Domestic Foreign Currency-Denominated Bonds Restricted The Bank of Korea restricted foreign exchange agencies’ investments in foreign currencydenominated bonds issued domestically for Korean won financing, effective 25 July. This was made in light of the Bank of Korea’s new measures to enhance regulations on foreign currency-denominated loans implemented in July 2010, requiring these loans to be used for overseas purposes only.

4% year-on-year (y-o-y). Concerns over the PRC’s credit growth remain. S&P recently downgraded the outlook of Chinese property companies to negative. 66 trillion). 2% in January. 9%. 36 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Time to maturity (years) 31-Jul-11 31-Mar-11 31-Dec-10 31-Dec-09 LCY = local currency. Source: Bloomberg LP. 1 in May, the lowest level in 11 months. 7% in 1Q11. 9 billion. 7% (Table 1). Corporate Bonds With the exception of asset- and mortgage-backed securities, key sectors of the corporate bond market grew by double digits in 2Q11.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.69 of 5 – based on 18 votes